Color and Materials Library
Rm 925 Taubman Center
Book borrowing policy is the same as the main library: books may be returned to either library, 2 week check out, may be renewed once if no holds have been placed and if the renewal is requested BEFORE the due date, late fee $0.10/day, max 20 books at a time, no check outs allowed after $15 in fees are accumulated.
Reference books (labeled with a yellow tag) and Course Reserve Books are for in-library use only.
Periodicals (magazines): older issues may be available to check out once they are at least 3 months old. This will only be possible with an advance request to allow the librarian time to catalog the issue in question.
Material Borrowing Guidelines:
- You may take and KEEP 1”x1” samples of fabrics and paper or other items which can reasonably be subdivided without losing their valuable characteristics.
- If a required material is not yet barcoded that means it is not yet cataloged and you may be asked to return the following day to pick it up. Please plan accordingly.
- No more than 10 items may be checked out at one time by any student.
- Materials are due back 3 days from the date they are checked out.
- Late fee is $1/day per item. No check outs of any library materials are allowed after fines have reached $15.
- No renewals are allowed. Items must be back on the shelves for 24 hours (to give your classmates an opportunity to see the materials) before you will be allowed to take them out again.
- Materials must be returned in the same condition as when they were checked out, with no alternations!
- New materials from the most recent shipment of Active Matter are not allowed to be taken out of the library except by faculty or staff. This allows all students to have equal access to our newest arrivals.
- Any materials which are lost or are not returned will be subject to a fine equal to the replacement value plus a $30 processing fee.
Please remember this is a reference library. The materials here are not for sale. You can use our scanner or your own camera to collect images of any materials you wish. However, if you require a large sample of a material or a sample you can keep please contact the suppliers or manufacturers. Contact information can often be found on the materials themselves or in one of the databases on our website http://libguides.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/CandM. And remember that, as always, the librarians are here to help you find what you need. Just ask us!